The exhibition has been held in collaboration with Woart, Modica Municipality and the Garibaldi Theater Foundation in order to discovering new talents and honest and independent narratives of Iranian women’s identity and their concerns for international audiences. The time for this event is June 1st to June 16th in 2019, when many tourists come to this city because of the chocolate festival. the exhibition venue is the Garibaldi Theater, a place that has been registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List thus it’s sounds a great opportunity to have an exhibition. woArt invites all Iranian girls and women photographers around the world to submit their works under the following conditions for us.
Researcher / Photographer/ Faculty Member of Mazandaran University
- Bachelor of HandiCrafts at Mazandaran University
- A master of Art at Shahed University
- PhD in Comparative and Analytical History of Islamic Art
- Director and Founder of Festivart
Designer / painter / illustrator / university instructor
- Bachelor of Painting at Isfahan University
- master of Painting at Alzahra University of Tehran
- Bachelor of Sculpture from Fine Arts Academy in Florence Italian
- Master of Sculpture / Visual Arts from Fine Arts Academy in Florence
- Click here to send email
Professional photographer / instructor and member of the Iranian Photographers Association
- Master of Psychology (Art Therapy)
- Bachelor of Graphics
Benefits participating in the exhibition
- All the accepted works by curator will be displayed in online exhibition and they will be sent a Certificate of attendance file as “Iranian Woman narrated by Iranian woman”.
- Garibaldi Gallery Foundation will issue a certificate of attendance by e-mail to all artists whose works are accepted at the group exhibition of ” Iranian Woman narrated by iranian woman”.
- Among the works submitted to the exhibition, ten works will be selected and the cost of paying for participating in the exhibition will be returned to the artists.
- A special page Will be dedicated (to) each Three selected artists in Woart website.
- If the works are sold, all the money will belong to the artists.
- The exhibition brochure will be sent as a pdf file to all participated artists.
- The official catalog of the exhibition will be sent as a pdf file to all artists whose work / works have been attended and they will be available on the Woart website. In this catalog will be dedicated to each artist in the single photo section 2 Pages and in the photo collection section 4 pages. Click Here to view the exhibition catalog.
- Iranian woman narrated by Iranian woman
The subject of the exhibition
- The real life, thoughts, hopes, concerns, successes and hardships of today’s women in Iran
Steps of Exhibition
- Careful reading of the recall text
- Photos selection
- Resize photos according to the resize guide
- Deposit registration fee
- Send photos to the recall’s Email address
Registration deadline and submission of works: April 20, 2019 Submission deadline extended: at 23 pm, on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
- Opening of Exhibition: June 1, 2019
- End of exhibition: June 16, 2019
- Submit printed attendance certificates July 7,2019
- The cost of submitting a work to the exhibition at the step of completing a capacity is 400000 thousand Tomans.
- The cost of submitting a photo collection of up to 5 works is 900000 thousand Tomans. due to the presence of more artists, the photo collection is not accepted
- received Amounts will be spent For high quality photo printing, posting to Italy, digital and print advertising, promotional video, news conferencing, personnel costs for the Garibaldi gallery, arbitrage, etc .
- This fee is paid in two steps in order to avoid paying extra by artists And guarantee the works that have been received by woart.
- First step: The cost of evaluating the works is up to 5 pieces in a single photo section and a photo collection containing up to 5 photo was 4,000 Tomans which is now free. the works that have acceptable criteria for this exhibition will be selected by the curator and then they will be submitted to the referees for evaluation. The purpose is that more Iranian artists have the opportunity to attend this exhibition. all the works that have been accepted at this step will be displayed at Woart Online exhibition and they will be issued Certificate of attendance at the online exhibition.
- Second step: the works that have been given points in the first step by arbitrators thus 100 photos that have been got the most points, will be selected. then the artists will be notified by email. and the artists will have opportunity to confirm their presence at the exhibition by depositing money. (400,000 Tomans for each photo and
900,000 Tomans for each photo collection).
- Final results will be displayed on the recall site after judging and verifying the artists.
Artistic Director and Curator
- Ali Asghar Kalantar
- Stephanie Johnson | America
- Najmeh Arshadi | Italy
- Seyed Hamid Tabaei | Iran
Execution process of the exhibition:
- In the first step, all submitted works by the curator will be evaluated for their conformity with the form and content criteria that have been specified in the exhibition rules. All the accepted works will be displayed in online exhibition, at this step, the works will be received by email.
- In the second step, the verified photographs are submitted to the artist to be registered by the artists in the arbitration system. The judges will rate the received images and the selected works Will be specified based on the highest point.
- In the third step, the artists whose works have received the most points will be contacted in order to pay cost for the works at Modica Italy.
The way of sending works
- The first step is Submit works via email email@example.com
- required submissions items include a “receipt / payment receipt image” with up to 5 photos
- The email title should be in the form “Name and surname – Modica Photo Exhibition, Single photo”.
- Mehdi Amiri Asl – Modica Photo Exhibition
- It is suggested that you copy the sample title above and paste it into your email subject line and then replace your own information instead of that Otherwise your works will not be accepted.
- Be sure to include your full name and mobile phone number in the email
Regulation the way which is held
- All Iranian girls and women photographers are free to participate in this exhibition.
- There is no age limit for participants.
- Artworks in the first step should only be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The organizer will have reserved to use the submitted photos for cultural and promotional purposes related to the exhibition.
- Thematic Constraints of Works include religious and ideological disputes, ethnicity, Promoting violence, child abuse, pornography, etc.
- The Secretariat is responsible for deciding on unforeseen circumstances.
Specifications of acceptable photo files
- Only digital photos will be accepted.
- Photos recorded by mobile will be accepted.
- Photos can be colorful or monochrome.
- Submitted photos must not have any signatures, frames, borders, logos, or any other marks
use any technique (photomontage, panorama, HDR, etc.) is allowed.
Size of photos
- The size of the largest side of the initial photo must be 1400 pixel and its dimensions 30 x 45 cm. (that means no width or height of any photo greater than 1400px). Select the quality of photos that the size of each photo is no more than 1MB. photos must be saved in jpg format. You can download the Resizing photo Guide Video from this link.
- To print selected photos at the exhibition, artists will be contacted via email to send the image file at 30 x 45 cm with resolution of 300.
Title and photo naming
- File title of photos must be in English, Choose simple titles, not the complicated. photos cannot be presented “Untitled”, “Digital File Number” (e.g. DSC05121), special letters (such as: &, $, #) or titles that are just numbers (e.g. 123245). photo title is used to identify photos and record them at exhibitions for this reason, name all your photos.
- Do not use your first and last name to name works.
- If the photo is a montage of several photos, all the components used in the photo must be photographed by the photographers. If a work will be accepted by arbitrators for the exhibition, the final edited file of the accepted work Which will be printed and presented at the exhibition should be sent to arbitrators (if requested by them) for review. Failure to provide original file, will Leading to remove the work from the exhibition (works without original file included will be removed from exhibition).
This post is also available in: Persian